Thursday, June 24, 2010

Twas the night before surgery..

I have a million things going thru my head, mostly about the running of my household and the girls routine.. you'd think I was leaving on a weeks vacation (boy, do I wish)! Both Grammy & Gagi are here to help run things while I recover and even though they have taken care of the girls numerous times, I still feel like I need to leave a list of do's and don'ts, bedtimes, who needs a friendly reminder to go potty, who eats what and how they like it prepared... sigh. (I've even left some "instructions" for hubby, like he doesn't already know these things)!

I can't eat past midnight which completely stinks and part of me wants to stay up til then just so I can eat something! I tend to get grouchy when I'm hungry.. Hubby and my mom are sure to have their fill of attitude/crankiness from me, I'll apologize in advance even though I'm sure they are expecting it. The one thing I'm super excited about is that tonight is the last night I will have to take my 17 pills a day.. yes, you heard me right, 17!

I'm told surgery will last 4 hours and is set to start at 1:30pm. Hopefully I'll be home before the girls go to bed. Say a little prayer that everything goes smoothly and that my surgeon has a fabulous day with very still hands!

2 comments:

  1. You are going to be fine! It sounds like you have everything under control at the Knostman house....even with your surgery :) I can't believe you take 17 pills a day...wow! I am so happy that you will be feeling better soon. Call me when you are feeling better and want to talk. If Mike needs a friendly reminder of how to cook chicken nuggents or corn...tell him to give Aunt MiMi a call :) Love you Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking and praying for you!!! 17 pills?! Wow....that is exciting not to have to take all those anymore...I couldn't even remember my prenatal while pregnant.

    ReplyDelete