Wednesday, January 12, 2011
let them eat cake!
so tonight the girls and I decided to make a cake.. baking with my kids kind of gets me all "wound up" if you know what I mean. don't get me wrong, I love that they want to help cook/bake and it is fun.. at least for awhile. then mommy gets a little "anxious" and would rather just get it done quickly, especially after the tears because we broke an egg all over the floor or the bickering over who gets to pour what into the bowl... anyway, we survived the baking process and our cake was done.. the house smelled like warm chocolate, heavenly! then the constant "when can we eat it" started and after about 30 minutes of hearing this question OVER AND OVER AGAIN, I went against my better baking judgement and starting frosting the cake. yep, you know how this turned out.. cake that is still too warm to frost + frosting = big ol' cake mess! the girls even turned their nose at it when it was in fact, dessert time. BUT we ate it and it was the best cake ever! even the girls were pleasantly surprised! it was so moist, and not because it included pudding or applesauce in the batter, but probably because it was taken out of the oven 2 minutes too early.. and I think when you have pieces of the cake actually mixed in with the frosting it really enhances the flavor.. HA! in all seriousness, as the girls and I ate it, as I watched their eyes twinkle with delight, I couldn't imagine a better cake.. made with love and pure, kiddie joy. mmmmm! in fact I think I'll have another piece...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment