Wednesday, February 17, 2010

After New Years Resolution...

So, last night I made one of my new recipes for dinner.. a pasta dish, no surprise there since I am a self proclaimed carb-o-holic! Anyway, as I was "slaving away" in the kitchen I started thinking about all the things that I know how to make, or shall I say the LACK of things.. those who know me know that I don't like to cook. All those recipes that call for TONS of ingredients and have you preparing them in a way I've never heard of, they intimidate me to say the least. Poor hubby only has a handful of options when it comes to what I make for dinner.. spaghetti, tacos, chicken enchilladas, chicken enchillada casserole and chicken & rice.. Gotta love that man of mine because he NEVER complains about my lack of cooking skills!

Anyway, I have decided to make a post New Years resolution.. to step out of my comfort zone and get cookin'! But I need some help.. so if you have a great recipe (kid friendly is a plus) that is easy to make, send it to me! I don't want to get too overwhelmed so keep it simple. Here is my newest dinner invention for you to try.. enjoy!

1 pkg penne pasta
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder

Cook pasta as directed on box, drain. Combine heavy cream & butter in saucepan over medium heat, heat until butter melts stirring occasionally, do not boil.

Stir in parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper & garlic powder. Toss with cooked pasta.

1 comment: